Sunday, February 10, 2008

SWK year # 1


Oddly enough, the SWK Staff party took place on the very same day as my 1 year anniversary with the company. Amazing. I pretended the gathering was in my honor. Well, we DID get one free drink ticket which I suppose is just as good. It took place in a very cool spot in South Berwick, ME called "The Red Barn," where there was a big ol' slate fire place or two, natural wood throughout and plenty of scrumptious tulips (even, in the ladies room.) Ms. Hogey Rogey, this one's for you. You nature nut.

Me and my stiff Manhattan, lovin' life...also in the ladies room. I know, I'm a hottie.

Cool chair (bad shot) outside of the ladies room.

There was a bit of a "buzz" in the store pre-party. We got a little goofy and played our annual game of "hide-n-seek." Where we place one of our sweet, wind-up toys in various places throughout the space for a colleague to find. A chick was the first contestant. A bit shy at first...

But eventually rose to the occasion...

then this beauty of a vessel (Burleigh ware's Asiatic pheasant print is one of my faves too) caught her eye...



and bottoms up, it's all over. Not so shy anymore, eh?

(Hey, what can I say? So, I've gone mad. But, at this point, I had been wearing the same of pair wool socks for 10 days or more and had just ingested about a half a dozen celebatory brownies before noon. Plus, it's mid-February in Maine. Which means, I haven't seen the GD sun in days, alright?)

1 comment:

madder said...

you are a Hotttie! that's so funny - you posted about a chair, too. i agree, there is something about 'em.